Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I've worked for nine years in the same place. They then took my position away with just one day notice and put me on hourly wage. My last pay was 923.00 this pay was 500. What should i do ?

Hello Chad,

My name is Stan Fainzilberg and I am an Associate at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP.

If the company has changed your compensation structure and this has resulted in a significant drop in compensation, you do not have to accept this and can walk away claiming that the change amounts to a termination and you are now entitled to a severance package. Please contact me directly at 416-216-5761 to discuss your employment situation and options moving forward.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment