Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I worked for a doctor for 8 years. During this period u was dealing with addiction and undiagnosed mental health issues. I have been terminated with cause. Am I able to get severance

Overall an employer has a very high threshold to meet to prove that it has grounds for cause to terminate you without any severance pay. However, these cases ultimately depend on their own unique circumstances, so we would need to further discuss the circumstances surrounding your termination to better assess your potential entitlements. Please contact the number below to speak with one of our employment lawyers.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment