Question and answer
Ask your question and an employment lawyer in Ontario, BC or Alberta will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I work for company A which is contracted to Company B to provide some services. Company B is not renewing the the contract with Company A, but it hiring on some of Company A's employees. I MAY be one of the employees hired on to Company B. Am I still entitled to severance pay from Company A?

You may be entitled to severance pay, depending on the terms of any employment agreement you signed. However, the amount of severance pay you are entitled to will depend on whether Company B offers you comparable employment.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment