Question and answer
Ask your question and an employment lawyer in Ontario, BC or Alberta will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

My surgeon says d I need to be on modified duties due to a foot injury not sustained at work. Does my employer have to give me modified work?
Thanks Darcie Doughty

Thank you for your question. Your employer has a legal duty to accommodate you (by allowing you to do modified work, for example), to the point of "undue hardship". This means that even if it is inconvenient or slightly difficult for your employer to accommodate you, they must do it anyway. If your employer gives you a hard time or refuses to allow you to work modified duties, please contact us at the number below right away.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment