Question and answer
Ask your question and an employment lawyer in Ontario, BC or Alberta will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

In regards to recently submitted info beginning with "how does this work when an employee passes away?" My question is: Was my husband entitled to receive severance pay after 30 years of full-time work, and if so, can it be paid to his beneficiary?

Based on your prior question you indicated your husband resigned. Whether his resignation was voluntary or the result of action by the employer which could amount to a constructive dismissal is fact specific and will require further details and discussion. Please contact our office to set up a call with one of our lawyers who can gather the necessary information required to advise you further.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment