Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I started a new position. 2nd day in fell down some stairs at work and broke my foot. 3 weeks later I was terminated when I asked for the credentials to do my job. Wsib only will pay for my medical expenses but not my wages. What should I do? I need money for rent and car Payment.

Generally speaking, an employee cannot sue their employer for work-related injuries if your employer had WSIB coverage. Instead, you must go through the WSIB.

However, you may also be entitled to other compensation if, for example, you have disability coverage and were eligible for benefits at the time. Please contact us at the number below for more information.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment