Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

My son has been working bad a truck driver in Alberta and B.C for about 3 years. He is 24 and gas had srvy employers as they hire for long hours but short period s it time. He was hired in Jan 2018, worked long hours again and felt burned out. When he stopped working back to back 15 hour shifts they stopped calling in March. When he asked for an ROE for an interrupt ion in earning s they finally sent one and said he quit. What can he do EI probably won't like that. Are Ontario rules different than Alberta?

Thank you for your inquiry. Your son can apply for EI; whether they take him or not will depend on whether he was terminated or resigned, which EI will want to determine for themselves once he has applied.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment