Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I am a salary worker , if I get modified hours from my doctor does my employer have to pay me my full salary or can they pay me only for the hours I work? I am returning to work after being off 4 months with no pay from them , company has no long or short term disability insurance. Second question for all of the stat days I have missed while I was off am I owed these days when I return?

Your employer is only required to pay you for the hours you are able to work, even if you are salaried and full-time. Additionally, you are not entitled to statutory holiday pay if you are off of work.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment