Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I have been off work for 3 years due to a work injury, I was discouraged from filing a wsib Claim from MGR and claimed disability instead, disability claim was denied, I then proceeded with the wsib where it was also denied, theres is proof of a injury through MRI results and doctors diagnoses, my union has now terminated my benefits and my company is not returning my calls to give me status of my employment, I have asked to go back to work in the past with accommodation, what are my options.

Thank you for your question.

In terms of your employment, if the company is refusing to return you back to work you may have a case for human rights damages.

More significantly from a financial point of view, you may have a claim for disability benefits. I would strongly recommend that you contact us at the number below to speak with a disability lawyer and potentially one of our employment lawyers as well. Make sure to do so as soon as possible because the limitation period is one year for human rights claims and two years for other claims.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment