Question and answer
Ask your question and an employment lawyer in Ontario, BC or Alberta will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

Employed with a top Real Estate Law firm on salary for 12 years. I am 60 yrs old. I am now asked to go on contract, piece work, not salary. My company car I used for pleasure too would have to go back. Would they have to pay me my severance out then I work on contract ?

your employer cannot force you to go on contract, especially if this will reduce your overall compensation. You can refuse and tell them to terminate you if they wont offer you continued employment on the same terms, entitling you to a severance package.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment