Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I've given 2 months notice for resignation and was asked by my employer to stay longer on a part time basis to help with transitioning. I've signed the part time contract but my health has not been the best lately and I don't feel I will be able to fulfill the part time obligation. Is it possible to void the part time contract without my employer taking legal action against me?

Most likely your employer will not take legal action against you for asking to end your part-time contract, particularly since your health is not good. If you have concerns about them taking legal action against you, I would recommend contacting one of our lawyers to perform a contract review.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment